Part 1 – Week 5 Concept
Review Week 5 concepts by completing a 175- to 260-word summary of the following:
- If you were to have a work of art created to express your experiences as a student, what would it be? What would it look like? How would it communicate your experience in terms of its composition?
Submit a summary of your responses as a Word document using the Assignment Files tab.
- You are welcome to go over the word count if you wish.
- Proper APA formatting is required on all formal assignments (See the template in the Class Messages for additional help)
Part 2 – Week 5 Concept
Art in Your Community
Experience the arts in your local community by attending a performance, or visiting an art museum or gallery. If you go to an art museum or gallery, choose an exhibition or one artwork to discuss for this assignment.
Write a review of your arts experience that includes a defense of the arts. Include the following:
- Write a description of the elements of composition: line, color, shape, or movement, theme, rhythm, tone, and so forth that were incorporated into the performance or artwork.
- What was the overall emotional and intellectual effect the performance or artwork had on you? What emotions did you feel? Of what did the experience make you think?
- Write a summary of how you would like to see the arts made more a part of your community. Is there anything you can do to make this happen? How will you support the arts in the future?
- Include a defense of the arts that describes how the arts add value to life. How might creative expression be helpful to people?
Submit your assignment as a Word document using the Assignment Files tab:
- A 1,050- to 1,400-word paper (You are welcome to go over the word count if you wish.)