Right click and save thedemo to your hard drive.
If the demand in Asia doubles, what happens to the total cost and what is the best configuration of plants for Sun Oil under these conditions? Note: Use the “Solver” capability under the ”Tools” menu (but you need to change the demand for Asia in cell E9 from 16 to 32 prior to running “Solver”).
*Note on using the “Solver” Add-In:The Solver Add-in is an Excel add-in program that is available when you install Microsoft Office or Excel. To use it in Excel, however, you need to load it first. Instructions for doing so were included within the module.
For Excel 2003:
1. On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
2. In the Add-Ins available box, select the check box next to Solver Add-in, and then click OK.
Tip: If Solver Add-in is not listed, click Browse to locate it.
3. If you see a message that tells you the Solver Add-in is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
4. Click Tools on the menu bar. When you load the Solver Add-in, the Solver command is added to the Tools menu.
For Excel 2007:
1. Click the Microsoft Office Button
2. Click Excel Options
3. Click Go
4. In the Add-ins available ;box, select the Solver Add-in check box, and then click OK.
Tip: If Solver Add-in is not listed in the ;Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate the add-in.