you will submit an annotated bibliography. Choose sources that will eventually be used for your final paper (see final paper criteria below).
*****Your final paper is a migration profile. You will choose a country and group to analyze and in a 5-page paper, address the following:
- Background Information: What conditions in the country of origin prompt immigrants to leave home?
- Why do they choose to settle in a particular country?
- How do they travel across borders? Fund their journey?
- Provide statistical data about a specific immigrant group.
- How are they treated in the host country?
- Do they maintain transnational ties? For instance, do they send remittances (money) to family members still living at home?
- What are the living conditions in the host country compared to the home?
- How are they perceived by the government and people of the host society?***
Unlike a bibliography which only contains bibliographic citations of sources, an annotated bibliography includes a short summary or abstract of each source.
You must include a minimum of four annotated sources.