Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a clickable rubric assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 4: Evaluation of Agency’s Human Resources Management
Due Week 8 and worth 240 points
As a consultant, you need to develop an in-depth analysis and evaluation of the selected agency’s human resources management system and processes and then provide recommendations for improvement. Therefore, you will conduct interviews with agency representatives and research related academic sources and Websites. The analysis will be read by the VP of Accounts and Client Support as well as by the leaders of the agency for whom you are working.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Analyze three to four (3-4) of the major components of the agency’s human resource system, processes, and performance evaluation plan for hiring and retaining a diversified workforce. (Title this section Human Resource Processes.)
- Analyze and describe the implications impacting the agency’s current employment trend, growth, and delivery of its products and services. (Title this section Implications of Human Resource Workforce.)
- Recommend two to three (2-3) managerial and professional skills and competencies required to improve the agency’s workforce by explaining each recommendation, providing reasons each recommendation would bring about improvement, providing two to three (2-3) ways the agency could implement programs in preparation for those skills not visible within the agency’s workforce as a method of promotion and advancement for current employees. (Title this section Succession Planning for Human Resource Management.)
- Describe the consultant position you are performing by (a) giving it a title; (b) explaining two to three (2-3) major specifications required of the job and how each will be measured in a performance evaluation; and by (c) explaining two to three (2-3) ways this position will be used within the various departments of the agency and for meeting the specific goals / objectives of the agency. (This job description will be provided to the Agency Director who has requested it. As a resource, you are to use the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, located at http://www.occupationalinfo.org/and published by the U. S. Department of Labor located at usajobs.gov. (Title this section Job Analysis and Design.)
- Provide proof of one to two (1-2) interviews submitting the completed interview form with a list of questions for and responses from each interviewee. (Put this in the Appendix under Interview Forms.)
- Provide four to five (4-5) relevant and credible outside resources that support the content of this assignment. (Include no more than one (1) non-government Website.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The sections must have appropriate titles. The cover page, reference page, and appendix pages are not included in the required assignment page length. The assignment must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recommend ways to improve specific areas of public administration.
- Analyze the major components of the system, processes, and methods for effective human resource management in the public sector.
- Assess external organizational and employee conditions, trends, and implications of these factors for human resource management of the private sector.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about public administration using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.