Take a moment to review the details of this assignment below and gather any necessary files. Once you’re ready to submit your assignment, move on to Step 2.
Write a 700-1,050 –word paper about gambling disorders. Include the following in your paper:
- The definition of gambling
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria
- Risk Factors (minimum of three)
- Warning Signs (minimum of three)
- Treatment options (include in your area)
- A minimum of three scholarly references
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
4) Recognize the potential for substance use disorders to mimic a variety of medical and psychological disorders, and the potential for medical and psychological disorders to co-exist with addiction and substance abuse.
10) Describe a variety of helping strategies for reducing the negative effects of substance abuse and dependency.
14) Be familiar with medical and pharmaceutical resources in the treatment of addictive disease and other substance-related disorders.
23) Understand and appropriately apply agency-specific policies and procedures for handling crises or dangerous situations, including safety measures for clients and staff.
Start by clicking Upload Files in the table below. Make sure to add all of the files required for your submission.
This assignment requires a Similarity Report.
You can request one within the table after uploading your files. Files submitted to your instructor without a Similarity Report will automatically receive one upon submission.
- Note: Once a Similarity Report is created for a file, it cannot be deleted.