Aunt Ethel’s Fancy Cookie Company manufactures and sells three flavors of cookies: Macaroon, Sugar, and Buttercream. The batch size for the cookies is limited to 1,000 cookies based on the size of the ovens and cookie molds owned by the company. Based on budgetary projections, the information listed below is available:ButtercreamProjected sales in units500,000800,000600,000PER UNIT data:Selling price$0.80$0.75$0.60Direct materials$0.20$0.15$0.14Direct labor$0.04$0.02$0.02Hours per 1000-unit batch:Direct labor hours211Oven hours111Packaging hours0.50.50.5Total overhead costs and activity levels for the year are estimated as follows: ActivityOverhead costsActivity levelsDirect labor 2,400 hoursOven$210,0001,900 oven hoursPackaging$150,000950 packaging hours$360,000Required:a.Determine the activity-cost-driver rate for packaging costs. b.Using the ABC system, for the sugar cookie:1.compute the estimated overhead costs per thousand cookies.2.compute the estimated operating profit per thousand cookies. c.Using a traditional system (with direct labor hours as the overhead allocation base), for the sugar cookie:. 1.compute the estimated overhead costs per thousand cookies.2.compute the estimated operating profit per thousand cookies. d.Explain the difference between the profits obtained from the traditional system and the ABC system. Which system provides a better estimate of profitability? Why?
https://brainytermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.png 0 0 Brainy https://brainytermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.png Brainy2020-11-20 09:04:422020-11-20 09:04:42Aunt Ethel's Fancy Cookie Company manufactures and sells three flavors of cookies: Macaroon, Sugar, and Buttercream.
About us —
Owned by ONE FREELANCE TECHNOLOGIES, Brainy Term Papers lists more than 10,000 term papers on various academic fields/disciplines. This is where all your academic problems are solved professionally own brainytermpapers.com.We have several years of experience in offering excellent quality Term Papers to students in various academic fields.
- Case 4 – Executive Summary
- Big Auto Co. plans to give away 50,000 DVDs as a promotion for its new car, to be introduced October 1. VidKids Inc. has promised to copy, package…
- The owner of Gold Challenge improved its net profit margin and current ratio by switching from LIFO, which assigns the highest amount of cost of
- bad connections poor acoustics and illegible copy are all examples of
- please follow my instructions laid out in the asginment
- Find the question below need clear work thank you. 1)List and briefly explain the 3 forms/types of behavior control. Describe the role and purpose of…
Get in Touch With Us
+1(805) 568 7317