Take a moment to review the details of this assignment below and gather any necessary files. Once you’re ready to submit your assignment, move on to Step 2.
Select and research a substance use disorder testing instrument.
Write a paper of 500-750 words describing the instrumentâ€™s application in counseling. Include the following in your paper.
- A description of the substance use disorder test, including whether the test use used for screening or a full assessment
- Why the selected test is used
- How the test is administered
- How the test results are interpreted and used in diagnosis and treatment
Include a minimum of two scholarly references in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 1.6: Identify an appropriate testing instrument, explain how to administer the test, and interpret test results.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
4) Recognize the potential for substance use disorders to mimic a variety of medical and psychological disorders, and the potential for medical and psychological disorders to co-exist with addiction and substance abuse.
14) Be familiar with medical and pharmaceutical resources in the treatment of addictive disease and other substance-related disorders.
23) Understand and appropriately apply agency-specific policies and procedures for handling crises or dangerous situations, including safety measures for clients and staff.
106) Describe principles and philosophies of prevention, treatment, relapse, and recovery.