Case Study 1: Disney’s ITIL® Journey
Due Week 8 and worth 95 points
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a set of concepts and techniques for managing IT infrastructure, development, and operations. ITIL offers eight sets of management procedures: service delivery, service support, service management, ICT infrastructure management, software asset management, business perspective, security management, and application management. Disney began adopting ITIL best practices in the mid-2000s. Read “Disney’s ITIL® Journey”, located at https://www.axelos.com/case-studies-and-white-papers/disneys-itil-journey-case-study.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
- Describe the reasons for Disney’s adoption of ITIL.
- Examine the results that were attained by Disney.
- Discuss the type of challenges a large organization such as Disney likely encountered during the ITIL implementation. How can these challenges be overcome?
- Discuss at least three reasons you believe Disney was successful in its ITIL adoption.
- ITIL is not the only IT Service Management (ITSM) methodology, compare and contrast ITIL, International Standard Organization ISO/IEC 20000, and Val IT with regard to whether Disney would have attained the same results with the ISO/IEC 20000 or Val IT framework.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.