CHILD DEVELOPMENT ACTION PROJECT
PURPOSE: To use an ecological-systems approach to study children within the three through ten years age range and to understand and assess a specific child’s growth and development, and to practice positive strategies for child guidance, as well as to write recommendations based on peer reviewed, scholarly sources relevant to the context of the ecological systems interacting in the development of the child.
REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES FOR WRITING REPORT:
The Child Development Action Project requires active participation with one child (3 through 5 OR 6 through 10 years) in a regular on-going set of visitations (15 to 18 hours). Your paper is to include the observation and assessment of the child’s developmental progress related to the context of the ecological systems interacting in the development of the child, as well as selected areas of child development indicated in the guidelines for the age that pertains to the child you are studying. See pages 13-14 OR 15-16.
1. Title page is to be written according to the example at the end of this Course Guide.
2. Paper must include 1) a photograph of the child with you (excused from photo if note is signed and name is printed with phone number by parent(s) stating that parent refuses to allow a picture), and 2) a signed Parental Consent Form with all parts completed, p. 12.
3. Paper must be typed in Times New Roman 12 pt font and use only double spacing throughout the paper, with one inch margins on all four sides. The length of your paper must be a minimum of 8 (numbered) pages, NOT counting your Activity Log entries, photo, consent form, title page, or reference page.
4. Grammar, spelling, and composition must be representative of upper-division, university
5. Paper must include a reference page and text notes (citations) within the body to indicate specific page numbers from textbooks required for this class, including Pulaski, Mary & Spencer, Ann. Understanding Piaget for part of the cognitive development sections, and peer reviewed professional journals for the Unique Characteristics section ONLY. (Refer to APA, 6th Edition, Quick Guide provided on iLearn)
6. Your paper must be organized according to the headings in the attached guidelines for
Organization of paper is to be consistent with these guidelines, and ALL QUESTIONS AND
7. Paper must include detailed developmental interpretations, where requested, about the child’s developmental progress in the context of interacting ecological systems, based on
8. Regarding the Unique Characteristic(s) section of your paper, I would like you to elaborate on how the information you learned from the Scholarly, peer reviewed, Journal articles relates to your focus child’s unique characteristic(s). In other words, I don’t want you to simply give me a summary of the articles.
9. In the appendix of your paper include A SHORT ACTIVITY LOG of each interaction
10. Your Instructor recommends that both the child and her/his family be told very clearly that
11. You are required to turn in your Child Development Action Project with an evaluation sheet (p. 17) and a title page (p. 25).
12. Complete copies of the peer reviewed professional journal articles (NOT before 2009), required for the Unique Characteristics section, must be attached at the end of your Child Development Action Project.
IT IS EXPECTED THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE IN YOUR OWN WORDS, NO
* Synthesize: use your critical thinking skills to evaluate the related information and
Guidelines for Child Development Action Assignment Report
The organization of this assignment MUST follow the HEADINGS and SUBHEADINGS
The Section Titles and questions, listed below MUST be included in your Child Development
1. IDENTIFYING INFORMATION To be written in bullet form in the order given:
2. INTERVIEW WITH PARENT
3. STYLES AND STRATEGIES USED TO SHAPE AND MODIFY THE CHILD’S BEHAVIOR –
4. COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT – Berger, Chapter 9 and the Pulaski book in the Library Reserve (call number: BF 723.C5 P85).Give examples of Preoperational thought by observing the child and performing Piagetian experiments. Based on your text books for this class, include your detailed interpretations of the child’s developmental level for each of the following.
5. EMOTIONAL AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT –Berger, Chapter 10. Observe and include your detailed developmental interpretations according to text on each of the following aspects of the child’s emotional and social development.
6. UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS
The Developing Person Through Childhood and Adolescence by Kathleen Stassen Berger
Child, Family, School, Community: Socialization and Support by Roberta M. Berns
https://brainytermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.png 0 0 Brainy https://brainytermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.png Brainy2017-12-04 06:42:472017-12-04 06:42:47CHILD DEVELOPMENT ACTION
About us —
Owned by ONE FREELANCE TECHNOLOGIES, Brainy Term Papers lists more than 10,000 term papers on various academic fields/disciplines. This is where all your academic problems are solved professionally own brainytermpapers.com.We have several years of experience in offering excellent quality Term Papers to students in various academic fields.
Get in Touch With Us
+1(951) 476 0143