This week’s literary club meeting discussion is about Kate Chopin’s “The Storm,” . To continue the exchange of ideas, each member will write a paper stating his or her interpretation and supporting position.
- Write a 2–3 page position paper/persuasive essay using
- proper APA citation standards.
- academic writing method.
- Choose 1 of the following questions to answer to develop a thesis statement. (Your answer to the question will be your thesis statement.):
- How does Chopin use the symbol of the color of “white” in the story?
- Can the description of the weather be a warning to the main character?
- Do you think the storm is over or that a “storm” could be brewing later?
- How can the title “the storm” be use as a metaphor for the theme?
- Explain your reasoning/rationale for your interpretation.
- Argue why your interpretation is convincing.
- Support your position with solid arguments and cited evidence from the story itself.
At your last literary club meeting, you are discussing how imagery assists poets in presenting their poems and themes.
Read the following poems:
- “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost
- “Swan and Shadow” by John Hollander
- “Mother to Son “ by Langston Hughes
- “As I walked out One Evening” by W.H. Auden
- “Ethics” by Linda Pastan
Using all that you have learned thus far, complete the following:
- Write 5 paragraphs explaining how these authors use imagery to advance their themes and narratives about life.
- Support your position with both
- academic arguments.
- cited evidence from the poems themselves.
- Include APA style in-text citations to document your evidence.
an APA style reference list.