Directions: Refer to the DC Sniper Case at: (https://bja.ojp.gov/sites/g/files/xyckuh186/files/Publications/SniperRpt.pdf) to answer each of the following questions.
- 1. Discuss at least three things that complicated the investigation component of this case. Be specific using facts from the case itself, in addition to the laws that may have complicated the case. How were these complications minimized or overcome?
- 2. Discuss two investigative lessons learned from this case and how they have helped the role of a criminal investigator and police departments in their entirety.
- 3. Discuss the data bases that were used in the course of the investigation to garner information about the suspects and whether the importance of information sharing, and effective communication impacted this case positively or negatively and how. Be sure to give specific case information to support your thoughts.
- 4. Discuss what evidence, upon finding the suspects, would be permissible to take without a warrant given the facts of the case that were known up until that time. Discuss the process you would go through to collect the evidence legally and to submit to the courts.
- Reference page must contain links to sources