- My topic is Critical race theory
- A thesis statement stating your opinion/conclusion on the issue, the supporting points you will offer and at least one relevant opposing view you will address.
- An annotated bibliography with evaluation of at least five (5) sources you intend to use in your final paper to support your claim.
- These are sources that provide evidence to support that your claim should be accepted by the reader.
- Scholarly sources are preferred and should be used where available; due to the nature of some of the topics, authoritative articles in very high quality substantive journals may also be acceptable.
Use the Source Evaluation Worksheet to determine the following:
- If your source is current
- If it is not current, explain why you think it is acceptable.
- If your source is credible, reliable, and authoritative
- How well your source supports your thesis
- If the annotation does not make this obvious, explain to your instructor how you will use it.
- If your support is popular
- If it is, explain to your instructor why you think it is acceptable.
Prepare a citation, annotation, and evaluation for each source.
Click on the following link for an example:
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 100-150 words per source for Part 1; 50-80 words per source for Part 2 (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page