TWO (2) posts are required for each discussion forum. Try to make your first initial post (response to the discussion question) by Saturday and your next posts (response to other students’ posts) by Sunday.
In the 1st Video: “Next steps in health & medicine — where can technology take us? | Daniel Kraft | TEDxBerlin”.This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED Conferences. Daniel Kraft shows us where technology can take us in health and medicine. He pulls out countless gadgets of his jacket that will change the future of health-monitoring and improve our access to personal health care.
In the 2nd Video, John discusses the complicated reasons why the United States spends so much more on health care than any other country in the world, and along the way reveals some surprising information, including that Americans spend more of their tax dollars on public health care than people in Canada, the UK, or Australia. Who’s at fault? Insurance companies? Drug companies? Malpractice lawyers? Hospitals? Or is it more complicated than a simple blame game? (Hint: It’s that one.)
In the 3rd Video, U.S. health care costs are higher than any other country in the world. So what is it about America’s system that makes it so expensive?
After reading chapter 5 on Medical Technology, chapter 6 on Health Services Financing and watching the videos on Medical Technology and Health Care Finance complete the following questions.
A) Answer the following questions below. The minimum word count for all six responses (total)to the discussion board question(s) should be 700 words or more (excluding reinstatement of the discussion board questions and references).
Chapter 5: Medical Technology
1) As a future Healthcare Administrator one of your goal is to provide healthcare in the urban or rural area of your state. You have heard that telemedicine may be an opportunity for you.
-Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of telemedicine in healthcare.
2) Discuss the government’s role in technology diffusion.
3) Why is medical technology more available and used in the United States than in other countries?
–Your experiences may be very helpful and interesting to all of us. However, be sure that you also back up your posts with factual information from the text (when it applies to the initial discussion board question (s) and responses to peers) or other creditable sources. A minimum of one reference is required to support your response to the discussion question and reply to a classmate. You may cite the course required textbook and or other sources in which you have used content from. Make sure your references are in APA format.
Chapter 6 on Health Services Financing
4) What is meant by healthcare financing in its broad sense? What impact does financing have on the healthcare delivery system?
5) List and explain oneway the United States can decrease Healthcare cost.
6) Scenario: You just got hired as entry level healthcare administrator and your employer offers two types of insurance plans. A married coworker/employee with two children asks your advice about which plan they should choose. Your coworker/employee reveals to you that their daughter is autistic and requires special medication and counseling. Although you can’t tell your coworker/employee which plan to choose.
– Discuss the general concepts of insurance (private and governmental).
-What advice will you give your coworker/employee about choosing? Explain your reasoning in detail.