Choose an individual who you consider to be an effective leader to study. This person may be someone you have worked for or with, or you may choose a prominent figure you admire. Write an essay identifying their leadership style and approaches, and explain how the leader’s effectiveness is determined by the following:
- Communication competencies.
- Predispositions for leadership communication.
- Use of strategic communication objectives.
- Use of power bases.
- Contributing behavioral factors.
- Refer directly to the information in Figure 7.1,”The Blake and Mouton Managerial Grid” on page 224; the Hersey and Blanchard concept of situational leadership starting on page 226; Figure 7.2, “Communication Tactics for Leadership” starting on page 241; and Figure 7.3, “Principled Leadership” starting on page 247 of the course text.