The media plays a major part in all facets of U.S. society. Increased attention on criminal justice issues and criminal justice administration by the media creates opportunities and threats to the status quo of criminal justice policies and actions. Chapters 11 and 16 in your text discuss the influence of the media on criminal justice and the theories of justice. For this assignment, you will support the evaluation of public issues that criminal justice organizations face in ethical decision making and the creation of a set of standards for ethical and moral conduct in criminal justice situations. In your paper,
- Create an ethics policy for the media in handling the reporting of criminal justice issues and news;
- Examine the significance of political bias in reporting; and
- Create a foundation for the accurate and ethical reporting of news about the criminal justice system.
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.