Start with a title page and organize your paper with the following guidelines:
- Introduction: The opening content under your paper title should provide an introduction of your chosen topic and what will be included in your paper.
- Overview of Topic: Begin the body of your paper with an overview of the topic you chose for this review. Your topic description can begin with a broad consideration related to education. Write in third person and include literature support. In the second paragraph, indicate the topics (themes) you will cover in the literature review.
- Review of the Literature: The literature review should include a minimum of 10 references from peer-reviewed journal articles related to your education specialization.
- Apply information from the sources to the chosen topic. As you review your articles, keep in mind the process of questioning. For example, how the articles present similar or contrasting information about your topic, how well the articles support your perspective on the topic, and if you discovered something new about your topic through your literature review. Apply principles of critical thinking to your analyses and evaluations of the literature you review.
- Organize your review into appropriate themes, following APA guidelines for organization and paragraph structure.
- Conclusion: Your conclusion should emphasize the main themes which are Knowledge retention; participation in class; high test scores, attendance, attention
- in your paper and provide a synthesis of the literature reviewed.
- References: Include a minimum of five different scholarly, peer-reviewed journals (related to your field of specialization) that are also cited in the paper. Your citations must have references and your references need to be included within your paper as in-text citations.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Length: 5â€“8 pages, not including the title page and reference page.
- Use the Sample Course Paper Template [DOCX] for the assignment.
- Double-space and use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- Include a title page with the following title: [Chosen Topic]: Literature Review. Model your title page after the Writing Center’s example (see APA Guide: The Title Page, in the Resources).
- Follow current APA style and formatting for in-text citations.
- Set proper margin justifications: Left aligned text, 1-inch margins top, bottom, left, and right.
- Paginate your paper properly (in the header at the right page margin).
- Incorporate appropriate headings and subheadings.
- Note the APA manual (2010) instruction for the running head: Per section 8.03, “Use the automatic functions of your word-processing program to generate headers and page numbers for your file. (Do not type these manuscript page headers repeatedly in your word processing file)” (p. 230). “The running head is an abbreviated title that is printed at the top of the pages â€¦ should be a maximum of 50 characters, counting letters, punctuation, and spaces between words. It should appear flush left in all uppercase letters at the top of the title page and all subsequent pages” (p. 229).
- On the references page, include a minimum of five different scholarly, peer-reviewed journals (related to your field of specialization) that are also cited in the paper. Your citations must have references and your references should be included within your paper as in-text citations.
- Submit your paper as a Word document in the Unit 6 assignment area.Ã¯Â»Â¿