This is a powerpoint presentation not including reference slide.
you are the newest HR business partner in a large corporation, and you have been given the additional task of leading the creation and deployment of an HR dashboard. Your supervisor, one of several directors reporting to the vice president of HR, has told the VP that you are an HRM MS Capella graduate and have completed course work that supports HRM dashboards.
You are concerned about coordinating this task, collaborating with other areas in corporate headquarters, and gaining consensus. You already know how difficult getting some data that is not controlled by HR will be, and trying to get agreement from one group of directors and at the same time asking for access from another group of directors (finance, marketing, operations, sales, and information services) will be hard. You will also be coordinating with benefits, compensation, and the human resources information system (HRIS) areas within HR.
Your director has asked you to develop the initial concept plan of what the dashboard will contain and what it will look like, as well as to recommend one or more current data platforms that offer dashboards for consideration. As the content expert, you have been assigned two other people, from different departments, to work with you. One member of the finance team is an expert at data managing, and the developer is strong at coding and building dashboards.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
• Analyze components of human capital models that align to human resource management strategy.
• Evaluate how a strategic human resource perspective drives organizational success.
• Communicate professionally with all stakeholders.
Consider the following as you prepare the initial concept plan for the organization’s HRM dashboard:
• The dashboard is to provide information on length of service, job level, time at the current pay level (but not the amount of pay), education level, diversity category, and whether or not each employee is in a leadership development program.
• You will need to incorporate age, so that age is represented as three or four generational cohorts, based on your research.
• You must collaborate with the experts working for you and you will likely experience difficulty in getting data from the other departments. How might you approach senior representatives of each? Consider that most, if not all, offices will not want to share data with you, even if they have been told to do so.
• Identifying at least one dashboard vendor must be included in your plan.
Include the following in a PowerPoint presentation to the HR vice president and your director:
• Explain how a human capital model supports workforce planning and management strategies for HR and organizations.
• Assess organizational obstacles for obtaining data to create the dashboard. Obstacles may include employees or leaders feelings, lack of understanding of the need, the organizational structure, et cetera.
• Provide strategies for obtaining organizational consensus on the creation of a dashboard.
Select a slide template appropriate for a professional presentation. Include the content of the slides as well as a supporting narrative. Do not overbuild your slides; use them to support what you will be saying, which should appear at the notes portion of each slide. Your presentation should be written coherently to support a central idea, in appropriate APA format, with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.
• Written communication: Demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through accurate communication of thoughts that convey the overall goals of the analysis and do not detract from the message.
• References: Support your analysis with at least two academic, scholarly, or professional resources from the Capella University Library.
• Format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
• Length: 10 PowerPoint slides, not including the references list.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.