This assignment is due at the beginning of next class.
- Read the documents posted on Bb Learn:
- Lists useful information about the different disciplines
– Engineering fields
- An descriptive overview of engineering disciplines
- Be sure to review Table 1-1 regarding career paths
- Visit the following websites:
- Read about your major
- If currently undecided, read about Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, and/or Mechanical (majors offered at NAU)
- Additional information about engineering occupations
- Now, log into LOUIE, and read the course descriptions of classes in your major.
– In LOUIE, select the “Search” tab and then the “browse course catalog” tab.
– Engineering courses are found in these areas:
- CENE – Civil and Environmental Engineering
- CM – Construction Management
- EE – Electrical Engineering
- EGR – General Engineering
- ME – Mechanical Engineering
– For more detailed instructions on how to find the course catalog, follow this link: https://nau.edu/its/learn/coursecatalog/
- Find 5 engineering jobs that are interesting to you:
– http://www .engineerjobs.com/
- Prepare and submit a table containing the following information for each job:
– the title of the position,
– the URL of the website,
– the description of the position, and
– required level of education / experience.
Compare and Contrast the required and desirable knowledge and skills listed in the 5 job postings.