Due Week 8 and worth 170 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Explain, in detail, what you believe to be the greatest challenge facing law enforcement agencies investigating exploitation, cyber stalking, and obscenity. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Identify the specific challenges that overlapping of jurisdictions pose in the fight against cyber-crime. Next, propose salient solution(s) for overcoming the challenges in question. Justify your response.
- Discuss whether or not law officers from different states should have the ability to work with one another when a cyber-crime is carried out across state lines.
- Use at least three (3) quality references for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe law enforcement roles and responses.
- Analyze the different types of crimes on the World Wide Web involving victimization, sex crimes, and obscenity.
- Explain the various digital laws and legislation in support of law enforcement.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about information technology in criminal justice topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style convention.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.