In this assignment, review the attached Case 16-2 (4 pages attached) about Wiley Construction, a company that would like to improve the flow of batch work through its plant.
Address these 4 case questions:
- 1. Identify waste in the current production process.
- 2. How does the pager suggestion eliminate waste?
- 3. Have the students and Mr. Alvarez found the root cause of the cart problem? Why or why not?
- 4. How would you apply the principles of lean production to improve Wiley’s situation?
and in so doing:
- Analyze the observed problem of waste in the case study.
- Evaluate the suggested solution’s application to the waste problem.
- Determine what the root cause (or causes) may be in this case.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of lean production in this case.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of five resources. A minimum of two scholarly references and at least two nonscholarly resources, as you wish. No more than 10 percent of the paper should consist of direct quotes.
- Length of paper: 2250 words; double-spaced pages. Do not include the title page or the reference page in your word count.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.