1. You will be required to write a paper that addresses a specific current and relevant topic of your choice relating to the economics of healthcare in the United States. Use this assignment to explore a topic, issue, subject that has been addressed in the course (in text or in lecture) that interests you.
2. You will need to reference scholarly at least five, two of which are peer reviewed, literature sources to support claims/opinions in your paper.
3. You may not use the same topic as a group has chosen to present on as part of the final course presentation.
4. This assignment should be between 1500 and 1700 words and will need to reference the literature cited used using APA format. TurnItIn will be enabled for this assignment.
Guidelines for the Writing Assignment: The paper should be organized into the following sections and the number of paragraphs serves as a guideline only. See also the grading rubric (separate attachment):
1. Introduce the issue to be discussed and the purpose of the paper. Should discuss WHY the topic is important and related to healthcare economics (3-4 paragraphs)
2. Current opinions (from peer reviewed literature) on the topic (2-3 paragraphs)
3. Needs to include at least two articles from scholarly publications. Include a summary of the findings (3 paragraphs)
4. Your impressions on the solutions to the problem and/or future implications of the issues discussed. What are the conclusions you drew and recommendations for dealing with this problem/issue? (2-3 paragraphs)