- Proposal (send by email)
In the proposal you are expected to submit the names of the 3 team members and their majors.
You need to provide a one paragraph that describes your project. The proposal has to contain the following elements:
- Project title
- What is the system?
- What is the system purpose?
- Why we need to provide an IT solution (or a new software), and what kind of solution you are proposing (e.g., a website, a mobile application or a standalone PC application)?
- What are the main operations that your solution is expected to provide?
- Do you need to provide a special hardware to be able to use your software and what are they?
- What is the name of the company that you will contact to get information about the operations needed for the system?
- Business case: Please provide a justification for the management why they need to invest money in your project, how they will get revenue? For example, premium fees, add fees to the product orders, and ads in the mobile app or website (but this is in the long run).
- First Report (submit a PRINTED report)
- An overview of the project, this will contain:
- Provide source documents, including screen dumps, from the website or pictures of the manual forms used by the firm.
- A brief description of functionalities provided by the system (from the interviews, observations and surveys you conducted).
- A problem statement (Systems Proposal) (Include only the problems or limitations you encountered; there is a need for objectives and scope)
- Outline project costs, reviews the benefits of the new system, presents the systems implementation schedule, and highlights any issues that management will need to address
- Identify new processes, data, and data flows for the new system. Your new model should be able to eliminate the problems that you had identified in the current system. Prepare the new logical model that includes:
- Data Flow Diagrams (you need to provide 3 diagrams: Context, Level0 and Level1)
- Data Model: A class diagram with all the classes, attributes and methods.
- Final Report (submit the report printed and online)
The project report must contain:
Title page and table of contents
1- Requirements analysis
– Company staff interview results, old system screens, and notes from observation.
– Provide source documents, including screen dumps, from the website or pictures of the manual
forms used by the firm.
– Problem statement (identify at least two problems related to the current system functionality).
– the benefits of the new system, presents the systems implementation schedule, and highlights
any issues that management will need to address
– Time and Cost Estimates: provides detailed schedules, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for the systems development phase.
2- The proposed system analysis
– DFD (context, Level 0, and Level 1)
– Classes (with attributes and methods)
– Class diagram
3- The proposed system design
– Use cases ( at least 4, specifically for the new added features)
– Interface & Screens Design
– Input, Output & report Design
– Database design
- create an Entity Relation Diagram
- Show the tables for each entity and their fields
Your report will be marked based on the rubric provided at the end of this document.
Your presentation should give you an opportunity to explain the system, answer questions and consider comments.
Your presentationwill be marked based on the rubric provided at the end of this document
Your group workwill be marked based on the rubric provided at the end of this document.