Please write specific, clear answers and DO NOT write extra points or examples.
A behavior-change campaign Freedom from Fear in Australia has tackled the problem of domestic violence against women.
A short, engaging tagline summarizing the campaign goal:
â€œSafiya must not dieâ€
A short, engaging tagline summarizing the action to be taken:
â€œBreak the silence on domestic violenceâ€
The campaign has constructed precise messages for each target audience:
a. For the general public, to emphasize that:
– Domestic violence and sexual assault are crimes that will not be tolerated.
– Freedom from violence and from the fear of violence is a basic right.
– Sexual assault may accompany domestic violence.
– General members of the community can do something about domestic violence.
b. For women who have experienced violence, to stress that:
– They are not responsible for the violence.
– They can draw upon their social support networks to help them stay safe.
– They can make choices so they can become free of violence.
– Help is available from services.
– If left unaddressed, domestic violence is likely to get worse and could have even worse effects for themselves and for their children.
c. For men who engage in family violence, that:
– It is their responsibility to stop this behaviour.
– Under no circumstances is it acceptable.
– Continuing their violence carries great risks such as losing the affection of their family and the respect of their friends.
d. For bystanders who are aware of or witness/hear domestic violence happening to others, the message was that it is their business to intervene and that doing so could make a positive difference.
Based on the above case study, answer the following questions:
a. Think of suitable communication objectives and strategies for the campaign.
b. Propose appropriate audience segmentation with justification.
c. From the perspective of social marketing, what are the â€œcostsâ€ and â€œrewardsâ€ of the recommended behavior for each audience?
d. Analyze how the messages reflect components of one of the following theories: health belief model, social cognitive theory, or transtheoretical model.
e. Brainstorm ways you can frame the behavior in terms of potential losses, gains, and risks. What do you think would be most effective? Why