Assessment Title: Research Design
This assessment is designed to help you understand the differences between qualitative and quantitative research designs, as well as select the appropriate method for the research question you have been working on throughout the course.
QUESTION: Can the use of smart beds reduce Hospital falls in the geriatric population compared to hourly rounding
STEP1: Restate the above research question and select the type of research (quantitative or qualitative) that is most appropriate for it.
STEP 2: Name and Summarize the major steps in that type of research.
STEP 3: Determine the specific type or approach (e.g., quasi-experimental, phenomenological, etc.) you would employ and explain why that is the best selection.
STEP 4: Explain potential data.
STEP 5: Explain how ANALYZING and INTERPRETING that data can inform your research question.
Competency Assessment Rubric
1. Appropriate Research Method and Restatement of Research Question: Selected the appropriate research method for the chosen and appropriately restated research question.
2. Research Method Steps : Accurately summarized the major steps of the selected research method.
3. Research Approaches : Accurately selected and explained the specific type of research approach to be employed
4. Potential Data: Accurately explained the potential data.
5. Data Analysis : Accurately explained how analyzing and interpreting the data can inform the research question.
6. Resources : Cited more than one peer-reviewed and one evidence-based according to APA guidelines.