Throughout the course, you have studied and written about a number of counseling theories that are used as the basis for the counseling profession. In this paper, choose a theory and compare it against each of the following three theories:
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
Choose a theory that you have studied in this course. Do not choose one of the three theories listed above.
Compare your selected theory against the three theories listed above.
Write a 1,500-2,000-word paper discussing your theory comparisons. Include the following in your paper:
Part 1: Selected Theory
- Founding theorist(s) for the selected theory
- Standard interventions for the selected theory
- At least three main concepts of the selected theory
Part 2: Cognitive Behavior Theory (CBT)
- Founding theorist(s) for CBT
- Standard interventions for CBT
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and CBT
Part 3: Solution-Focused Theory
- Founding theorist(s) for solution-focused theory
- Standard interventions for solution-focused theory
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and solution-focused theory
Part 4: Psychoanalysis
- Founding theorist(s) for psychoanalysis
- Standard interventions for psychoanalysis
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and psychoanalysis
Include at least three scholarly references in your paper in addition to the course textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 1.1: Demonstrate an understanding of the major counseling theories and principles.
PLEASE USE MY TEXTBOOK FOR THE PCN-500 COURSE. I HAVE GIVEN MY LOG IN ON A PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENT. THE TEXTBOOK NEEDS TO BE ONE OF THE REFERENCES USED.