Truckloads of waste contaminated with cadmium may either be sent to a sanitary landfill or a hazardous waste landfill. The levels of cadmium vary daily so each morning a sample of truckloads must be tested to determine which landfill to use. If the mean level of cadmium exceeds the allowable amount of 1 milligram per liter for a sanitary landfill then the trucks must be sent further to the hazardous landfill. Of course, driving a further distance requires more expense for the company. You are in charge of testing and determining which landfill to use for dumping for today.You will use a 5% level of significance for your hypothesis test.1. State the null and alternative hypotheses, and identify which represents the claim. Why?2. Determine the type of test that you should use: left-tailed, right-tailed, or two-tailed. Explain your reasoning.3. What sampling technique would you use to determine your sample of truckloads that will be tested this morning? Should a small sample or a large sample be used? Does it really matter?4. What decision concerning your null hypothesis would result in a Type I error? What is the interpretation and the implication of this error? What about a Type II error? Obviously, you want to minimize the risk of both types of error when decision making. Which of these errors is more serious in this situation?5. Suppose that the null hypothesis is rejected when you perform your hypothesis test. Assuming that a correct decision was made, what do you believe regarding the mean level of cadmium on today’s truckloads? Give a complete interpretation.
https://brainytermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.png 0 0 Brainy https://brainytermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.png Brainy2017-12-14 23:08:542017-12-14 23:08:54testing and determining which landfill to use for dumping
About us —
Owned by ONE FREELANCE TECHNOLOGIES, Brainy Term Papers lists more than 10,000 term papers on various academic fields/disciplines. This is where all your academic problems are solved professionally own brainytermpapers.com.We have several years of experience in offering excellent quality Term Papers to students in various academic fields.
- Management Services, Inc. provides services to clients. On May 1, a client prepaid Management Services $60,000 for 6-months services in advance.
- Winston company reported net income of $50,000 for the year. during the year, accounts receivable decreased by $7,000, accounts payable increased by $3,000 and depreciation expense of $5,000 was recor
- There are various kinds of coalitions that can be used by businesses to accomplish non-market strategies and goals. What are those kinds of
- When companies expand into the international arena, they do so either because their home market has matured or because they see real opportunities in the foreign market. Discuss which kinds of interna
- 1pg Case Study- Due tomorrow
- Week 8 HW, need correct answer plus support of why is the correct one
Get in Touch With Us
+1(805) 568 7317