Discussion—Team Communication Challenges
When working with teams composed of diverse individuals, often in cross-cultural settings, there is significant potential for errors and misunderstandings. It is important that a leader or manager communicate as clearly as possible in these situations.
Respond to the following:
- Explain the communication challenges unique to groups and teams, especially in cross-cultural situations.
By Saturday, July 15, 2017, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, July 19, 2017, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuationDo the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.