Module 5 Essay Questions:
(Choose just ONE to answer — either 1, 2, or 3):
- How plausible, in your view, is Dembski’s effort to reinstate design within science? Are his arguments in favor of such reinstatement sound? Are they successful in making their case? Why or why not?
- What is religious exclusivism? What problems does religious exclusivism possess? Is John Hick’s pluralistic solution ultimately plausible? Why or why not?
- What is MacIntyre’s argument for the necessity of independent knowledge of the just? Why must such knowledge be necessary? Does the requirement for an independent knowledge of the just, from that of our knowledge of God, lead us to Sartre’s atheism? Why or why not?
- See the Grading Rubric attached to this assignment for grading information.
- Each essay must be written and submitted to its Assignment Dropbox before the end of its module. (See the Course Schedule for module start/end dates and due dates.)
- For additional guidance and helpful pointers to further assist you in successfully completing your essays, see Writing Philosophy Essays, Writing Thesis Statements, and Sample Essay in the Start Here module.