You will view the film War Horse and then complete a three page critique of the movie and how it relates to MILT 525 syllabus outcomes 2a(theology of suffering and reality of tribulation), 2c(Resilience Life Cycle© Before, During, and After considerations), 2f(integration of course material to date), and 2g(through the lens of Scripture). You should refer to the syllabus for full description of the referenced outcomes.
This paper should focus on how you might use ideas gained from the movie to illustrate the Before, During, and After dynamics of a war veteran’s experience, and to better empathize with, and counsel war veterans and their primary caregivers. As well, you should address the Biblical concepts which War Horse well illustrates, particularly “substitutionary atonement” and the multi-generational impacts of trauma. Please support your critique with a minimum of five citations in APA format.
This paper will be submitted to SafeAssign and is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 2.
- Paper adheres to APA formatting (title page, citations, references page, etc.)
- Writing is clear with appropriate grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Headings are appropriately labeled.
- Paper is at least three pages in length.
- Properly illustrates how the movie relates to syllabus outcomes.
- Personal opinion on the content of the movie is written by the student.
- Thought-provoking questions are posed regarding the content of the movie.
- Positives and negatives of the movie are discussed.
- Details are included concerning how this information affects the student’s outlook as a counselor.
- Illustrates the Before, During, and After dynamics of a war veteran’s experience, and to better emphatize with and counsel war veterans and their primary caregivers.
- Biblical concepts are illustrated particularly “substitutionary atonement” and the multi-generational impacts of trauma.