PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU CHECK THE WORD DOCUMENT UPLOADED. IT INCLUDES THE INTRUCTIONS FOR THIS WRITTING ASSIGMENT AND THE LINK TO THE VIDEOS.
PLEASE HAVE IN MIND THAT THIS ASSIGMENT IS A MINIMUM 650 WORDS AND A MAX OF 1000. THAT\’S WITHOUT COUNTING THE QUESTIONS OR REFERENCES. THAT\’S WHY I PAID 3 PAGES. IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ALL THE POINTS, YOU MUST ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
For your writing assignment, please answer the questions below using information from the assigned YouTube videos, the textbook, and external sources, where appropriate. The answer to each should question should be at least one paragraph (4-5 sentences minimum). To receive full credit, you must answer each of the following:
- 1-Using the first video and material from the textbook/lecture, (a) what can you conclude regarding the severity of punishment and (b) what can you conclude about the certainty of punishment?
- 2-In the second video, Brandon Mathews (of no relation to Professor Matthews) proposes the United Statesâ€™ correctional systems separate into two tracts.
- Which type of incapacitation from your textbook is being referenced in Tract 1 and explain why (hint: general or specific incapacitation).
- What are your thoughts regarding his proposal for Tract 2? You may refer to other chapters previously covered in the textbook if necessary.
- 3-The third video discusses differences between typical prisons built in the U.S. and â€œhumaneâ€ prisons in Norway and other European countries. Compare and contrast these two different systems and what are some challenges associated with implementing â€œhumaneâ€ prisons?
- 4-After watching the fourth video, briefly, (a) what is your initial reaction and (b) do you think this type of incapacitation could work in the United States? Why or why not?