For this assignment, compose an essay that addresses the following below:
– Describe the components of municipal solid waste that are most suitable and least suitable for thermal processing.
– Explain the components of WTE plants.
– Summarize treatment of emissions from WTE plants.
Compute the heat value using a calorimeter: In a particular test, a 12-gram sample of refuse-derived fuel was placed in a calorimeter.
The temperature rise following the test was 4.34Â°C. If the refuse has a heat capacity of 8540 calories/Â°C, what is the heat value of the test sample in calories/gram?
Compute flow rate and temperature downstream from a WTE plant: Flow rate and temperature measurements were made along a river upstream of a WTE plant. The river temperature was recorded as 18Â°C, and the flow rate was 20 mÂ³/s. Cooling water from a WTE plant flows into the river at a rate of 4 mÂ³/s and a temperature of 78Â°C.
1. What is the flow rate in the river downstream of the WTE plant in mÂ³/s?
2. What is the river temperature downstream of the WTE plant in Â°C?