Jay Rexford, president of Photo Artistry Company, was just concluding a budget meeting with his senior staff. It was November 20×4 and the group was discussing preparation of the firm’s master budget for 20×5. “I’ve decided to go ahead and purchase the industrial robot we’ve been talking about. We’ll make the acquisition on January 2 of next year, and I expect it will take most of the year to train the personnel and reorganize the production process to take full advantage of the new equipment.” In response to a question about financing the acquisition, Rexford replied as follows: “The robot will cost $950,000. There will also be an additional $50,000 in ancillary equipment to be purchased. We’ll finance these purchases with a one-year $1,000,000 loan from Shark Bank and Trust Company. I’ve negotiated a repayment schedule of four equal installments on the last day of each quarter. The interest rate will be 10 percent, and interest payments will be quarterly as well.” With that the meeting broke up, and the budget process was on.Photo Artistry Company is a manufacturer of metal picture frames. The firm’s two product lines are designated as S (small frames); 5 X 7 inches) and L (large frames; 8 X 10 inches). The primary raw materials are flexible metal strips and 9-inch by 24-inch glass sheets. Each S frame requires a 2-foot metal strip; an L frame requires a 3-foot strip. Allowing for normal breakage and scrap glass, the company can get either four S frames or two L frames out of a glass sheet. Other raw materials, such as cardboard backing, are insignificant in cost and are treated as indirect materials. Emily Jackson, Photo Artistry’s controller, is in charge of preparing the master budget for 20X5. She has gathered the following information:1.) Sales in the fourth quarter of 20X4 are expected to be 50,000 S frames and 40,000 L frames. The sales manager predicts that over the next two years, sales in each product line will grow by 5,000 units each quarter over the previous quarter. For example, S frame sales in the first quarter of 20X5 are expected to be 55,000 units. 2.) Photo Artistry’s sales history indicates that 60 percent of all sales are on credit, with the remainder of the sales in cash. The company’s collection experiences show that 80 percent of the credit sales are collected during the quarter in which the sale is made, while the remaining 20 percent is collected in the following quarter. 3.) The S frames sell for $10, and the L frames sell for $15. These prices are expected to hold constant throughout 20X5.4.) The production manager attempts to end each quarter with enough finished-goods inventory in each product line to cover 20 percent of the following quarter’s sales. Moreover, an attempt is made to end each quarter with 20 percent of the glass sheets needed for the flowing quarter’s production. Since metal strips are purchased locally, the company buys them on a just-in-time basis; inventory is negligible. 5.) All direct-material purchases are made on account, and 80 percent of each quarter’s purchases are paid in cash during the same quarter as the purchase. The other 20 percent is paid in the next quarter. 6.) Indirect materials are purchased with cash as needed.. Work-in-Process is negligible. 7.) Projected manufacturing costs in 20X5 are as follows: L-frameDirect materials: Metal strips: $2 $3 Glass sheets: S: 1/4 sheet @ $8 per sheet $2 $4 Direct labor: $2 Manufacturing overhead: $1 $10 8.) The predetermined overhead rate is $10 per direct-labor hour. The following manufacturing overhead costs are budgter for 20X5. 1st qt 2nd qt 3rd qt 4th qt Entire Yr Indirect materials 10,200 11,200 12,200 13,200 $46,800 40,800 44,800 48,800 52,800 $187,200 31,000 36,000 41,000 46,000 $154,00020,000 20,000 20,000 20,000 $80,000 102,000 112,000 122,000 132,000 468,000 All of these costs will be paid in cash during the quarter incurred except for depreciation. 9.) Photo Artistry’s quarterly selling and administrative expenses are $100,000, paid in cash. 10.) Jackson anticipates that dividends of $50,000 will be declared and paid in cash each quarter. 11.) Photo Artistry’s projected balance sheet as of December 31, 20X4, follows: $95,000 132,000 Inventory: 59,200 167,000 8,000,000 $8,453,200 $99,400 5,000,000 3,353,800 total liabilities & owner’s equity $8,453,200 Required: Prepare Photo Artistry Company’s master budget for 20X5 by completing the following schedules and statements: 1.) Sales Budget 2.) Cash Receipts Budget 3.) Production Budget 4.) Direct-Materials Budget 5.) Cash Disbursements Budget 6.) Summary Cash Budget
https://brainytermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.png 0 0 Brainy https://brainytermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.png Brainy2020-11-22 20:32:552020-11-22 20:32:55Jay Rexford, president of Photo Artistry Company, was just concluding a budget meeting with his senior staff.
About us —
Owned by ONE FREELANCE TECHNOLOGIES, Brainy Term Papers lists more than 10,000 term papers on various academic fields/disciplines. This is where all your academic problems are solved professionally own brainytermpapers.com.We have several years of experience in offering excellent quality Term Papers to students in various academic fields.
- Assignment Stastics
- You are trying to choose between purchasing one of two machines for a factory. Machine A costs $15,351.00 to purchase and has a 3.00 year life….
- There are many naturally occurring and human-caused environments that could be hazardous to human health after even brief exposure.
- Authorized Criminality
- week 5 assignment 2
- Hello bi want helt in startegic mgt class. paese keep off if you dont have good reviews
Get in Touch With Us
+1(805) 568 7317