To have students take a critical look at how they personally manage their own personal time relative to their goals and priorities.
Project managers manage three primary elements: scope, time and cost. Since time is one of the critical elements a project manager manages, this assignment will provide students with an opportunity to practice goal and priority setting and to analyze how they manage their own time. It also provides an opportunity to think about making changes to how they allocate time to improve their ability to achieve their goals.
This assignment is worth 5% of the final course grade.
This is an individual assignment.
Journal Entry #1
Begin by creating a journal entry that describes the following:
- What percentage of time do you think you spend in a week on the following activities:
- Preparing meals and/or eating
- Doing homework/pre-readings for class
- Attending class
- Device use, that is not required for school, i.e. watching TV, movies, gaming, social media, etc.
- What goals do you have for the week? What are the important activities (priorities) that you intend to complete?
- Do you feel that you manage your time effectively to be able to achieve your personal goals?