- To practice the SWOT tool as an important method to assess the marketing microenvironment.
- To get feedback on the SWOT so you can improve your use of this tool in future.
- Choose a product or service that you think is interesting (and different from a product or service chosen by your classmates). Decide if you’re going to focus on a whole company (i.e. Apple) or a product from that company (i.e. iPhone). You may find it easiest to focus on specific products or services.
- Using the template provided (on page 3), create a SWOT for your chosen product or service:
- Research the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that exist for this product or service.
- Use the information you’ve found to create short, concise bullet points in the SWOT.
- Follow the tips for writing a good SWOT from our Week 3 class slides (posted in Blackboard under ‘weekly lessons’) (focused, concise, etc.).
- Cite and reference key sources of information (you don’t have to cite every point on the SWOT, just 3-4 key points) using learning about APA from your English Writing course.
- At the top of your paper:
- Write the product name and SWOT i.e. ‘Product x SWOT’
- Write your name under the title
- Save your file with the following name: SWOT Assignment_Your First & Last Name_MKT4101_2017.
Length & Format:
- Word file (.doc or .docx).
- You should be able to fit the whole SWOT on one page if you follow the tips for writing a good SWOT.
- References should be in a reference list at the end of page 1 or on page 2.
Submitting Your Assignment:
- Click on the ‘assignment’ tab in our course Blackboard site.
- Look for the SWOT assignment and a ‘submit assignment’ button.