This project requires you to assume the role of a system-based victim advocate working within a law enforcement agency or prosecutorâ€™s office. In this role, your supervisor requests you to review a section of a newly proposed bill and offer a 3-4 page memo critiquing the billâ€™s language. This project requires you to cite to course materials throughout your analysis to highlight and demonstrate your knowledge of crime victimsâ€™ rights learned throughout the first few weeks of the course.
Project 1â€”Victimsâ€™ Rights Legislation Critique
In your role as a system-based advocate, you have been asked to offer analysis on a new proposed bill in the jurisdiction of Virtual. For your Project in this course, you will be conducting a Victimsâ€™ Rights Legislation Critique in the form of a detailed 3-4 page memo to your supervisor.
Project 1â€” Victimsâ€™ Rights Legislation Critique
- Your memo should review Section 4 and 4.5 of the bill proposed in the jurisdiction of Virtual and must provide the following analysis:
- Introduction: Based on your review of the proposed bill, what issue/s involving victims is this legislation designed to address?
- What processes would be required for this legislation to work in practice?
- Does the section seem to have clear ways to enforce the victims’ rights if violations occur?
- What could make enforcement stronger in the bill? Consider special rights for vulnerable and special populations that we have addressed in the course.
- What common victims’ rights seem to be missing?
- What are possible consequences of these missing rights?
- What, if any, liabilities attach to those who violate these victims’ rights? What recommendations would you make regarding possible liability of those who violate the rights of crime victimsâ€™ under this law?
- Conclusion: Summarize how this bill aligns with common victimsâ€™ rights you have learned about in the course.
- 2. You must cite to the course materials to support your analysis in your memo. Your memo should include a Works Cited with at least 5 resources (with links) from the course using the American Psychological Association (APA) 7th edition formatting standards.