DISCUSSION 1 IS FROM MY “BUSINESS AND SOCIETY” CLASS:
The Supply Chain
Define suppliers and explain their interests and power, especially as related to lead firms. Discuss at least 2 reasons why globalization affected the supply chain. Respond to at least one of your classmates. Explain how your answers compare to your classmate’s and professionally support/defend your position. Please keep in mind, there is no right or wrong answer.
DISCUSSION 2 IS FROM MY “MANAGING PROJECT TEAMS” CLASS:
“Closure Activities.” Please respond to the following:
- Consider a recent project in which you were involved (the project can be based on your experience in work settings, school-related efforts, family events, or community service).
- Prepare a bullet list of the activities that actually happened to close the project.
- Based upon what you learned in this chapter, prepare a bullet list of activities that should have been part of closing the project.
- Evaluate the activities that were overlooked and discuss why these activities were omitted.
DISCUSSION 3 IS FROM MY “MANAGING PROJECT TEAMS” CLASS AS WELL:
“Project Learning.” Please respond to the following:
Continue to consider the project identified in Discussion 1.
- What was the project objective?
- Assess the planning and execution of the project and identify what went well that you do not want to forget.
- Identify what you learned from the project experience.
- Evaluate the project outcome and decide what you and the project team would do differently if this project were to happen again.
DISCUSSION 4 IS FROM MY COMMUNICATION CLASS:
A Speech for Every Occasion
Use what you’ve learned this week to respond to the following:
- What makes a special occasion?
- How can you apply, to special occasion speeches, the speaking skills you have worked on throughout the term?
- Share a special occasion speech you gave or heard (or find a recorded one online and share the link). What made the speech effective? What can you apply from that experience to your own communication skillset?