The purpose of this assignment is to build on the presentation developed in Week 2. To ensure timely development of the final Week 7 assignment and an opportunity to receive feedback from the faculty, students will develop the Week 7 presentation in 2 parts.â€¯ Parts 1 and 2 will be submitted as a PowerPoint presentation that contains thorough speaker notes. After students have received faculty feedback on Parts 1 and 2, students will develop the final presentation that is audio and video (with face showing) recorded in Kaltura and uploaded to the Week 7 Discussion Board. Week 5 begins the development of Part 2 of the Disease Process Presentation. It entails students linking the pathophysiological alterations at the tissue, organ and system levels to the patientâ€™s presenting signs and symptoms. Students will also describe how the disease is diagnosed and the pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions for disease management.
Activity Learning Outcomes:
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- 1. Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
- 2. Link development of presenting signs and symptoms of disease to changes to
- tissue, organ and system functioning. (CO 3)
- 3. Describe how the disease is diagnosed (CO 1, 2)
- 4. Describe pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions for disease
- management (CO 4)
- 1. Link changes in the tissue, organ, and system functioningâ€¯to the initial
- presenting signs and symptoms seen in primary careâ€¯of the disease.
- 2.Provide a brief description of how the disease is diagnosed.
- 3. Provide a brief description of the pharmacological and non-pharmacological
- interventions used to treat and manage the disease.
- 4. Explains the role of the nurse practitioner in diagnosing and managing the
- 5. Summarizes the disease on the final slide with concluding remarks; includes
- implication for nurse practitioner practice.
- 6. Utilizes at least two current (within 5 years), peer-review scholarly sources to
- support presentation content.
- 7. Reference slide and in-text citations depict references correctly cited according
- to APA.
- 1. The presentation should include a PowerPoint presentation that contains
- detailed speaker notes.
- 2. The presentation contain main heading slides that address the assignment
- criteria listed above.
- 3. The presentation should contain appropriate evidence to support the
- information presented per APA format.
- 4. Slides should be used as cues to topics and key concepts without lengthy
- sentences and paragraphs
- 5. The presentation should contain a reference slide with all sources written in
- APA format
- 6. In-text citations are included on slides where appropriate
PowerPoint Tips to ensure a professional and organized presentation:
- 1. All font types, size, and color should be the same throughout the presentation
- 2. The Title slide should contain: student name, course, professor and title of the
- 3. Avoid putting too much information in the slides. Use bullets to highlight main
- points and then use speaker notes to provide more specifics related to the slide
- 4. The use of pictures and figures are encouraged, however, avoid overcrowding
- the slides with pictures and figures
- 5. Follow the rubric requirements in chronological order to ensure an organized
- flow of content
- 6. Use proper background color so there is good contrast between font color and
Please use the same power point design that was used in order # BTP33127, basically this order is building on that order.
PLease use APA 7th edition*