The University City Fire/Rescue Department is writing a new handbook specifically for chief fire officers. You have been assigned to complete the section of the handbook that addresses fire department organization and structure.
Your assignment must:
- Contain a title page.
- Contain an introduction paragraph to introduce organization and structure.
- Explain structure, process, behavior, vision, mission, goals, and objectives.
- Explain department culture.
- Explain the purpose of credentialing.
- Describe how the implementation of Incident Action Plans and the Incident Management System contributes to effective fire department organization.
- Describe the University City Fire/Rescue Department’s role in emergency management.
- Include an overview of the strategic planning process.
- Include an organizational structure chart for the University City, IA Fire/Rescue Department or University County, IA Fire & Emergency Services.
- Attached is the PDF of the University City Fire/Rescue Information document.
- Attached is the PDF of the University County Fire & Emergency Services Information document.
- Identify which of the 16 life safety initiatives are applicable to leadership and organization and the fire Department’s role in emergency management.
- You are expected to use information you learned from this course.
- You are also encouraged to supplement your personal experience.
- Your assignment must be written using the APA format, including citations and references.
- The assignment must be written on double-spaced lines.
- Include the list of life safety initiatives and the organizational chart at the end of your project.
This assignment should be at least four full pages (not including cover page, the organization chart, and identification of life safety initiatives).
Related NFPA Standard: 1021-6.4.6