Interview a professional who works in the field of sport management to get insights on the field in general and their positions in particular. You need to develop 10 good questions that relates to ethics in sport to ask them. After the interview, write a 2 page paper on the information you received.
Please be sure that all of the following components are included upon submitting the assignment.
Name of the person interviewing: ________________________________
Job title: ____________________________________________________
Number of years at job: ________________________________________
Previous jobs: ________________________________________________
TEN Interview Questions with responses At least 4 of the questions must be your own wording.
Write a 2 page paper on the information you received from the interview.
You are only allowed to use 6 questions from this worksheet. At least 4 of the 10 questions must be questions that you composed on your own.
- In what ways has sport mirrored moral and societal issues in society?
- Are sports today more or less corrupt than in the past? Why or why not?
- Has playing competitive organized sport build character in you or made you a character?
- What moral lessons have you learned from participating in sport?
- How has sport influenced how you think and what you do in daily life?
- What personal conflict did or will you experience when you no longer are able or have the opportunity to participate in competitive organized sport?
- Do players have any ethical obligations to their sport, their fans, and the media?
- What is the “right” emphasis on winning?
- Are organized competitive sport programs worth all the effort? Why or why not?
- Why is substance control becoming such an important issue in organized competitive sport?
- Should there be mandatory drug testing of athletes? At what level of competition?
- Should athletes who are caught doping be banned from their sport?
- How would you control or prevent fan violence at a local contest between two rival teams?
- What should be done when fans and players taunt referees or their calls?
- What should players, fans, managers do when officials don’t enforce the rules fairly?
- Should collision sports be banned from youth sport programs?
- Are women athletes being treated fairly and equally to men?
- If you are a male athlete in football/hockey would you play for a head female football/hockey coach? Why or why not?
- Has Title IX changed our views on gender logic in our society?
- How can you promote gender fairness and equality in sport?
- What affect would promoting gender fairness and equality in sport have upon our societal views toward women?
- Is it ethically defensible for sport event organizers to award lower prize money to female athletes?
- What are some race and ethnical stereotypes that exist about athletes or sport?
- How does the race logic in sport mirror societal view of race out of side of sport?
- How can sports challenge the views of race logic and help transform racial and ethical relations?
- How can you change race, gender, and ethnical logic in sport?