Task Module 2
1. As you have discovered there are pros and cons to venturing into the global marketplace. Investigate other companies that have made mistakes when going global. Did any do it right or learn from their mistakes?
2. Now look at some who found out the right way.
- Recommended Read Changing How the World Does Business: FedEx’s Incredible Journey to Success by Roger Frock
- Watch Davos 2011 – Muhtar Kent, CEO, Coca-Cola
- Watch Intro-FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics®: Outsource, Optimize, and Reach Markets All Over the World
3. Investigate strategies for going global
- Read Chapter 3, Improving Your Market Readiness through Effective Planning, Action, and Commitment, in Grow Globally: Opportunities for Your Middle-Market Company Around the World
- Refer to Chapter 8 in this ebook. “Winning Across Global Markets: How Nokia Creates Strategic Advantage in a Fast-Changing World”
- Emerging Markets: Lessons for Business Success and the Outlook for Different Markets
Make a list of pros and cons for going global to discuss with your team. Enter it in the text box