One of the reasons you were recently hired as the manager of global supply chain was the continuing problems the firm faces with a number of its important suppliers of raw materials. Typical issues were late deliveries, wrong deliveries, and damaged or substandard goods, all leading to your firmâ€™s production plans being severely hurt. This in turn hurt your firmâ€™s customer service reputation. The chief executive officer (CEO) has heard about something called a supplier certification program and asked you to create a PowerPoint presentation to give to all of your suppliers.
The following are high-level points that should be addressed in the presentation:
- Lean and Six Sigma systems, as you want to be assured that they are actively improving their own processes
- Receiving inspection program at their plant
- Supplier certificatory they do with their suppliers
- Quality programs
- Quality statistics they gather
- Inspection procedures and frequencies
- Production scheduling
- Calibration program
Your assignment should be a PowerPoint presentation of 15â€“20 slides, including 100â€“125 words of speaker notes. This should be a professional presentation, limited in verbiage and balanced in graphics.