For this assignment, you should first complete the following tasks:
- Watch this video on the importance of resumes:
- Initiate a focused job search using industry key words and document your results. Search using a job board of your choosing or the CSU-Global Career Center.
- Build a professional-quality resume or CV that offers a clear representation of you and your skills. Explore the CSU-Global Career Center for additional support.
- Note: You may fictionalize company names, reference information, contact information, or any other information that you feel may compromise your privacy, although the resume/CV should reflect your qualifications as accurately as possible.
- Conduct a practice interview either on your own (using flash cards with prepared questions), with the help of a friend/family member, or with a professional in your field.
Next, develop a well-written paper that includes the following:
- The results of your job search
- Summary of what you learned in building a resume
- An assessment of your experience in a practice interview, including what you learned that you can apply to a real life interview.
Submit your resume and paper as separate documents. Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 5-6 pages in length, excluding the title and references pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA.
- In addition to course resources, use the CSU-Global Library to find three additional resources to support the position you take.
Be sure to check out the CSU-Global Online Research and Writing Lab. Here you can find:
- Writing considerations and tips
- Writing resources
- Sample papers
- An APA Template for writing assignments