Part 2: Summary and Outline (Topic 4) – DUE MONDAY 6/4/18 AT 5PM PST
Part 2 is designed to draft your executive summary with exhibits. Refer to Steps 1-12.
Step 1 Identify the firm’s existing vision, mission, objectives, and strategies. Attached
Step 2 Develop vision and mission statements for the organization. Attached
Step 3 Identify the organization’s external opportunities and threats.Attached
Step 4 Construct a Competitive Profile Matrix (CPM).Attached
Step 5 Construct an External Factor Evaluation (EFE) Matrix. Attached
Step 6 Identify the organization’s internal strengths and weaknesses. Attached
Step 7 Construct an Internal Factor Evaluation (IFE) Matrix. Attached
Step 8 Prepare a Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats (SWOT) Matrix, Strategic Position and Action Evaluation (SPACE) Matrix, Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Matrix, Internal-External (IE) Matrix, Grand Strategy Matrix, and Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix (QSPM) as appropriate. Give advantages and disadvantages of alternative strategies. Attached
Step 9 Recommend specific strategies and long-term objectives. Show how much your recommendations will cost. Clearly itemize these costs for each projected year. Compare your recommendations to actual strategies planned by the company.
Step 10 Specify how your recommendations can be implemented and what results you can expect. Prepare forecasted ratios and projected financial statements. Present a timetable or agenda for action.
Step 11 Recommend specific annual objectives and policies.
Step 12 Recommend procedures for strategy review and evaluation.
Develop the best way to addresses the selected aspect of the strategic management process that the team chose to focus on in Part I. Identify and apply the tools needed to complete your analysis. Find outside resources and information to help authenticate your analysist. These tools will be featured as exhibits in your Executive Summary.
- Include three to five sources.
- Provide a 400-500 word summary and outline of your findings
- See Attached – Use these to help formulate the 500 word summary and outline of findings.
- A summary that describes the best way to address the selected aspect of the strategic management process is included. The summary purpose is clear and serves as the foundation for a plan to achieve the purpose. Relevant data is used to support findings and illustrates a deep understanding of the subject.
- Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.