Watch the Law and Order Crime and Punishment video in the link above. It’s approximately 55 minutes long.
This is a real trial that was filmed just over a decade ago in San Diego. The producers of Law and Order created this show based on real San Diego prosecutors. Everything you see is real. However, remember that a trial may last 1-2 weeks, and it has to be condensed into a one hour tv show.
After you watch this trial, answer the following questions. After answering all these questions, you’re paper must be 2 pages long. Make sure your answers are detailed and specific. This assignment will not require any outside research. Therefore, you will not need in-text citations or a References page. But you do need a Cover page in APA format. The paper should have 1 inch margins all the way around, be double spaced, have indented paragraphs, and use Times New Roman 12 point font.
1. Describe the facts of this case. What crime was the defendant charged with?
2. Tell me about your impression of the prosecutor. Did he put on a strong case? What were his strengths? Did he have any weaknesses?
3. What is your impression of the defense attorney. Did he do a good job of defending his client? Why or why not?
4. Discuss two of the witnesses. Were they believable? Why or why not?
5. What evidence did you find most compelling?
6. Did you agree with the jury’s decision? Why or why not?
Your papers will be graded based on the thoroughness of your answers to each question. Don’t be general (example – the prosecutor did a good job…). Be specific (example – the prosecutor did a good job of ____ and _____”).
Don’t just say you agree with the jury. Explain to me why you agree or disagree.